Thank you for accessing Newry and Mourne District Council’s website to look at our job opportunities.
Our commitment to delivering high quality services means that we need to employ talented, committed people. In return we are able to provide:
- A progressive, supportive working environment
- A range of family friendly policies
- Training opportunities
- Access to gym and fitness facilities
- Competitive salaries (see information regarding pay and grading review)
- Access to NILGOSC pension scheme (final salary scheme)
If you want to find out about the careers in Newry & Mourne District Council, click on to www.newrycareers.com
You can search current job opportunities to find details of all our current vacancies.
If you want to apply for a vacancy, you can:
- Apply on line
- Download the application form and post it to the address below
- Request an application pack by writing to us
- Call to our office to collect an application pack
Our address is: HR, Newry and Mourne District Council, Monaghan Row, Newry, BT35 8DJ
With each job advertised, you will find:
- Job description
- Application form
- Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Applicant’s guidance
You must read the Applicant’s guidance before applying. It will give you all the necessary information you need to ensure you complete the application form correctly.
We are committed to promoting equality of opportunity throughout the whole recruitment process, in our training and generally in employment. As part of a positive action measure, we operate an interview guarantee scheme for applicants who stated they have, or have had a disability and who demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria for the post. For more information, please read the council's policies and procedures noted below:
If you would like to find out any further information about the Council, you may browse our website.
We look forward to your application.